16 December 2011

two tone oxford trend


I was recently on the attic, when I was looking for something. Then I found a pair of shoes there. I bought these a few years back. they were from an old lady, but they were too small for her so she had never worn them. When I bought them, two tone shoes weren’t yet fashionable. 

my one two tone oxfrod shoes
A little history from the oxford shoe

Oxfords first appeared in Scotland and Ireland, where they are occasionally called Balmorals after the Queen's castle in Scotland, Balmoral. Most shoe stores will refer to Oxfords as bal-type opposed to blucher-type. In France, Oxfords are better known under the name of Richelieu.
Oxfords are traditionally constructed of leather and were historically plain, formal shoes but are now available in a range of styles and materials that complement both casual and formal forms of dress.

The do's and don'ts for the oxford style

Here are four rules I set for you:
  1. Putting flat lace-up with a wide-leg trouser or jean is a very dated way to wear them. Instead, try a cropped pant.  
  2. Men should wear them with suits, and women should wear them with feminine pieces.
  3. Don’t match the colours of your shoe to your outfit, This is playful and unexpected.
  4. And the last tip: avoid socks

Some inspirational two tone shoes


I made this collage from different types of the two tone shoe. When I was looking for some more pictures on the internet, if found some special versions of the Oxford. I found also many pictures from Vans, first I thought “what does Vans connect to the two tone shoe?” And then I realised again that some Vans have two colours. I found that very funny because the oxford shoe is originally classic, and Vans are everything except classic. today at school I also noticed that All Stars look like the two tone from Chanel, so the old classics like the Oxford en two tone from Chanel will never get old fashioned.   
two tone collage: made by Fashionview (Jelske)
Chanel two tone vs Oxfrod two tone

All Star vs Vans
 

two tone buy
 
I love to wear them whit a short skirt and mix it whit a good contrast color, like mustard or aubergine. 
Troupe oxford flats in gray suede, $165; f-troupe.com

A graphic floral print would go great with these!
Kisco Brouge lace-up flat in pink, $90; topshop.com

I like how the studs give an effect similar to that of shagreen
Maloles Dorothy studded flat, $495; bergdorfgoodman.com

till my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment